Infomir Blocking

Moderator: webmaster

boochk
Regular
Regular

Re: Infomir Blocking

Postby boochk » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:12 am

Has there been any update on this problem with infomir?

Thanks

myfishtv
Reseller
Reseller

Postby myfishtv » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:38 am

to be honest, i don't think there is going to be another url for radiosity. because it's just going to turn into a cat vs mouse. were radiosity pays for a new url and there is no guarantee how long it will last maybe a day, week, month? no one knows. so it's just better to get an android device and done with all these shenanigans. i recommend getting the 4k firestick. great device for only 50.00usd

boochk
Regular
Regular

Postby boochk » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:46 am

The problem I have is I had a Roku box and was constantly requiring a new URL. The MAG254 was thought to get around the problem. If they are indeed blocking the service, how long before android does the same? Thank you for the update!

myfishtv
Reseller
Reseller

Postby myfishtv » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:53 am

android is much different because with android all you have is the apk file. which means the user doesn't ever see the url. on the mag box the user is given the url. which means anyone who gets a radiosity subscription is automatically given the url. because they need to input it into the box. with android you don't need to know that. which makes it more secure. and lets face the mag box really has no real function as far as streaming device none of the paid streaming apps like netflix, hulu, etc... are even on the mag box. unlike say something like a firestick that has thoes apps built in.

the problem really isn't radiosity it's informir the makers of the mag box. they are the ones blocking radiosity.
for more information you can read all about it from this link

Code: Select all

https://iptv.community/threads/infomir-mag-blocking.11058/

boochk
Regular
Regular

Postby boochk » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:14 pm

Myfishtv,

Thank you again for the information. I guess if I want to watch TV, android device is next. I did read your link but that was from earlier this year. What is strange is I still get the EPG and the list of movies and TV shows. What does not work is when you select something to watch. If informer is blocking, why would I get the EPG? When the service stopped last time, I could not get to the URL at all. It seems as if something else is going on. I guess it really does not matter, if I want to watch TV, I will need a new box. I am not shooting the messenger, just disappointed with having to move to another box....

rrcr
Rookie
Rookie

Postby rrcr » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:37 pm

myfishtv wrote:the problem really isn't radiosity it's informir the makers of the mag box. they are the ones blocking radiosity.
for more information you can read all about it from this link

Code: Select all

https://iptv.community/threads/infomir-mag-blocking.11058/

That post is dated Jan. 10, more than 6 months ago. It says that informir must not broadcast copyrighted material. If informir was blocking a service then you would see a copyright violation notice like with Roku. That is not the case here. None of the other IPTV providers who use the Stalker software on MAG boxes are experiencing a problem... Although this past Friday afternoon one such service did, but it only lasted for less than an hour.

I had a similar problem several months ago with customers who are using a wireless ISP. For some reason a port that Radiosity uses was being blocked, since none of the other IPTV services using that wireless ISP were having this problem, and no Radiosity customers who were not using that wireless ISP were experiencing the problem.

I'm guessing that Infomir changed something to increase their security and Radiosity isn't compatible. Whether or not they can fix the problem only they know, and they are not talking, at least not on this forum.

myfishtv
Reseller
Reseller

Postby myfishtv » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:59 pm

correct 6 months ago or so. informir blocked the original url we had which if you got this link below you will see the original url which is still posted
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=650

when they blocked it the last time radio made a new one which is now >https://www.radioiptv.ovh
which is now been also blocked.

if you want proof that informir let me know and i will send a pm. so i can prove it to you that it has nothing to do with radiosity compatibility.

boochk
Regular
Regular

Postby boochk » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:28 pm

Hey Myfishtv,

I do not need any proof, it isn't working weather they have disabled the streaming function, codec, or IP Ports. Bottom line is it stopped working last Monday and I have been unable to watch TV. Although my TV is only 1080P, the FireStick 4K can be purchased from sellers between 40 to 50 USD. The MAG254 has been exhibiting odd behavior for quite some time. Some movies will not play and some of the remote functions do not work. Even the wireless connection is messed up. After pushing every key combination I found out the "0" would pause movies. The time has come to move on. The MAG254 is about to be smashed. And if anyone from Infomir is reading this, please kiss the North end of a Southbound horse!

myfishtv
Reseller
Reseller

Postby myfishtv » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:05 pm

the firestick i a very good choice. if you need help setting it up feel free to drop me a pm

boochk
Regular
Regular

Postby boochk » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:23 pm

4K 3rd Gen, 2nd Gen Remote, will be here Friday. Thank you for all your help!

Return to “MAG250/254”