Can one account work on multiple rokus same household?

Moderator: webmaster

webb
Rookie
Rookie

Can one account work on multiple rokus same household?

Postby webb » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:20 pm

I have three tvs and several computers in my household. Just wondering if the support would work on everything with one accoungt.

saboriob
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Can one account work on multiple rokus same household?

Postby saboriob » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:35 pm

one account for each roku.
So if you have 3 devices, then you'll need to buy 3 subscriptions

dinkish
Rookie
Rookie

Postby dinkish » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:32 pm

Yes, this is unfortunate, my brother and I both had seperate accounts, but I wasn't going to buy a 3rd just so the downstairs tv could access it.

markfsoto
Rookie
Rookie

Postby markfsoto » Mon May 02, 2016 12:54 am

ROKU needs to fix this milking process...no reason with one account paid I have to purchase new accounts for each unit REDICULIOUS !!!!

myfishtv
Reseller
Reseller

Postby myfishtv » Mon May 02, 2016 1:41 am

this is the norm radiosity is not doing anything different that most server providers do. they are not milking it's members. just like a cell phone provider or your dmv fee's every unit must have it's own account. i wish i could pay just for just 1 car registration and could drive all 3 of cars without having to pay for all 3. what do you want radiosity to do? you want to pay 15.00 a month and have unlimited rokus not going to happen.

on a side note you can "link and unlink" as many roku's as you want with the 1 radio code you have now, what you can't do is have all your roku's linked up to that 1 radio code at the same time.

jay130
Junior
Junior

Postby jay130 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:48 pm

So i have two subscriptions under my single account. I can not link two Roku's at a time. The code only link one device and other get's disconnected. I see no where to link both. I have paid two subscriptions. why is this happening?

Radiosityprime
Reseller
Reseller

Postby Radiosityprime » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:37 pm

jay130 wrote:So i have two subscriptions under my single account. I can not link two Roku's at a time. The code only link one device and other get's disconnected. I see no where to link both. I have paid two subscriptions. why is this happening?

If you bought 2 totally separate subscriptions then you should have 2 totally separate account usernames and passwords. If you bought 2 months under one account then you just have 2 months of service under that specific account. I would verify if you made a purchase of 2 separate accounts.

Now if you bought it from this website you can have 2 separate accounts under one username but when you link the first account you have to click link set-top box for the first account put the activation code then on your second Roku, click the link set-top box for your second account and put the activation code there from the second device.

jay130
Junior
Junior

Postby jay130 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:22 pm

Thank you so much for quick reply, I have paid for two Subscriptions and bought from this site but I have one account number. When I go to my account, I can only see one Roku serial number. So when I link them, I could only link one. I can see I have paid subscriptions in my account. So what do yo think is issue?

jay130
Junior
Junior

Postby jay130 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:23 pm

I don't see two links, where are the links at?

toda
Rookie
Rookie

Postby toda » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:01 pm

radiosity could solve this issue very easy. All they have to do is to blunde the devices to you IP address or bundle the MAC addresses to one account. Limit the streaming from one connection, but they would lose the revenue of milking subscribers. If you have multiple TVs as many people do this doesn’t make financial sense

Return to “Roku”